Community Manager | Paid Internship for current students in Canada
Artterra is an online art gallery and artist community. We promote and mentor emerging visual artists in Canada and we are looking for an art student to help us launch and build our new membership program.
Reporting directly to the owner and director, you will help us in content creation, event coordination, and customer support for the membership.
We are looking for artists interested in professional development in the art industry through building long-term relationships and looking to learn the ins and outs of running an online community.
- Conduct research and create content for the membership
- Collaborate with the Director in researching, planning and executing of events for the community.
- Community Content Creation: Writing content for the blog, emails and our social media platforms. These currently include Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Scheduling and coordinating online events, challenges, campaigns and webinars.
- Artist Relations: respond to artist inquiries about the community, payments, login, video conferencing, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
- High level of organization and initiative
- Strong attention to detail.
- A natural community builder that is energized by setting up events and being the champion for the community
- Competent research skills and proven writing skills.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Be a current student registered in a Canadian post-secondary education institution, with no age limit.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and are legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- This project is paid through Riipen Level Up so additional eligibility requirements are outlined in the application link.
- This is a paid internship.
- This is an opportunity for you to learn the ins and outs of launching and running an online community and membership
- Training and mentorship will be provided
- Fully remote work
- Flexible hours and fully remote work
- Professional and career development
How to Apply:
The project is funded through Riipen Level Up. Please follow the steps below to apply.
- Visit Level UP
- Check your eligibility
- Sign-up/Log-in to Riipen via the invite email you received if eligible
- Click here to go to Artterra's projects.
As a Canadian art gallery and artisan shop, we are dedicated to supporting the vibrancy, diversity and wellbeing of artists, artisans, curators and collectors from across the country including First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples, alongside immigrant communities who have gathered here from around the world. We are committed to sharing their work and stories with fellow Canadians and international audiences. We strive to shed racial bias and are focused on supporting creative practices that better reflect the diversity of Canada.
We strive to create sustainable processes that have a lower carbon footprint than most retail businesses. Recognizing the need to work together to reduce the effects of climate change, we collaborate with our artists, artisans and partners to streamline our processes, reducing our carbon footprint through our shipping practices, art packaging, donations and prioritizing artwork with an environmental mission.